MOBILE GOT TALENT
We want to show the world that being restricted inside our four walls does not have to stop creativity
The MGT festival is an online video showcase and is for everyone brimming with creative energy. We invite people from all backgrounds and abilities to enter the festival and welcome videos of all genres.
Entries Now Open, A Free Festival Open To All People Around the World
We believe that making films with a phone is not a limitation, but an opportunity. The mobility, size, and immediacy of a phone allows us to see the world differently. So it’s not about producing a film with the best high-tech equipment. This festival is all about you and what you can do on your mobile phone to showcase your creativity in under 12 minutes. Make the best out of this time at home, create a masterpiece on your mobile phone and get the chance to win amazing prizes. So what are you waiting for, make a film with your smartphone or tablet to win professional Mobile Filming Gears among other great prizes.
Important dates Year 2020
Due to the overwhelming response the submissions process for the 2020 MGT has been extended to:
⏰Wednesday September 30, 2020
We’re happy to give filmmakers more time to put together their submissions for this year’s programme!
October to 4th November
So go, create and send! And get a chance to win fabulous prizes.
How We Pick The Winner
The festival scoring will consist of three rounds, to ensure the judgement is fair and one that awards a price to the most engaging and creative project.
All submitted projects will go through an internal scrutiny in the first round. The projects that are finalised will be published for screening on our YouTube channel and eligible for the audience choice round.
The five people with the most votes on their videos will make it to the last round where the projects will be sent to MGT's special jury consisting of big names in MOJO, photography and film across the world. Who will then select one of the five films as the grand winner.
THE MORE LIKES, COMMENTS & VIEWS
THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING
Get your friends to watch, share and like your videos. Only the videos with the top five most votes will be entered into the final round and shown to the jury.
To watch and vote simply click here
Confused about what to make?
We at MGT want to make every step as easy as possible for you. Although there is no such thing as too many ideas, if you feel you may need help narrowing stuff down, here are the categories you can submit work under:
*Drama *Music *Community Stories & Documentary *Cinematic Film *Journalism & Current Events *Geographic & Wildlife *Business & Entrepreneurship *General Category (Any Kind of Video).
If you think your work doesn’t fall into any of the above categories, have no fear and mark your entry under General.
How To Submit
Simply Click on Submit Button
Fill Out The Form and You are Done!
But wait, make sure you thoroughly read the rules and regulations attached below.Failure to comply with the rules will disqualify you from the competition.
THE RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- In order to qualify, your film must be shot with a mobile phone or tablet camera. Your project can contain NO MORE THAN 20 percent of aerial footage recorded with a drone and other footage. This is the only exception allowed.
- PLEASE NOTE your content must not be older than March 2020. Any project completed before that will not be accepted.
- Films can be edited on Mobile Editing applications as well as Desktop Softwares.
- All films MUST be under 12 Minutes including title and end credits. Please note: any video project with a duration of less than one minute (60 secs) will not be accepted
- All films selected will be added to the Mobile Got Talent Website and YouTube Channel.
- If not in English, please use subtitles. Failure to do so will get you disqualified.
- We encourage creativity / spontaneity / uniqueness of the film. It must be your original work. Jury has the right to reject your entry in case of plagiarism.
- The Winners will be notified via social media & email.
- No use of copyrighted music or content without permission from the rights holder. (you can use Royalty free Music, Sound and Footage).
- Send films in MP4 and MOV. format.
- No excessive nudity or excessive profanity will be allowed.
- By sending us your film you give us permission to host them on YouTube as well as on all other social media platforms associated with MGT.
- The festival is open to both Pakistani and International contestants.
- We will not give individual feedback on submissions.
- Must be shot/uploaded in 720P or higher.
- Project must be submitted by 20th September, 2020 at 11:59pm GMT.
- The decision of the jury will be final and binding on all in all circumstances.
- For additional information, check the FAQs section.
You can also submit your project via FilmFreeway
Mobile Got Talent
The festival is aimed at everyone brimming with creative energy. We invite people from all backgrounds and abilities to enter and welcome videos of all genres.